Denise will fight policies which would result in driving up rates for others and likely leading to the closure of health care facilities vital across Oklahoma. Denise will adamantly oppose any proposal that does not protect Oklahomans from rising healthcare costs, higher premiums, and out-of-pocket expenses while ensuring those with preexisting conditions cannot be denied coverage or charged more.
- Oklahoma must pursue policies that expand Medicaid coverage in our state.
- Health care is a right, not a privilege limited to the wealthy and those with jobs that provide coverage.
- Coverage must meet basic standards that protect individuals. Nobody should have to sell their house because a family member has cancer. A “cheap” plan that won’t cover preventative care, serious illness, pharmaceutical coverage, mental health, maternity care, birth control or other care for women is a sham. So is a policy that nobody can afford.
- No woman should be denied coverage of services based on the religious beliefs of her employer.
- We must ensure that quality healthcare is available not only in our cities but in rural areas as well. Oklahoma’s rural hospitals have been struggling for years, largely due to inadequate reimbursements, low volume, and high operating costs. Hospitals across Oklahoma are shuttering their doors and providers are closing their practices. We need robust funding for healthcare in Oklahoma if our hospitals are going to survive.